SOUTH WEST FOUR FESTIVAL PRIVACY AND COOKIES STATEMENT
- Welcome to SOUTH WEST FOUR FESTIVAL’s Privacy and Cookies Statement! You might be viewing this through our website or mobile application (which we’ll collectively call our “Platform” for short).
- We care about being transparent with you about what information we collect when you choose our events and how we use that information. It’s important to us that we give you as much choice and control over your information as we can.
- Here, we explain the ways we collect and use your information when you browse or engage with our Platform, purchase tickets to the festivals and events that we organise (the “Events”), purchase or engage with other goods or services that we offer or otherwise interact with us. We also explain the different rights you have over your information.
- In this Privacy and Cookies Statement, when we refer to “you” and “your” we mean you, the person using the Platform or attending an Event or otherwise interacting with us.
- Please refer to the Event’s Terms and Conditions to check the Event’s age policy. If the Events you are attending or are interested in allow people under the age of 18 to attend (with an accompanying adult) and you yourself are under 18, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian (“YourAdult”) to use our Platform and only Your Adult will be able to purchase tickets for the Event. You should also make sure that Your Adult reads this Privacy and Cookies Statement.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe your child has given us information in a way that is contrary to these guidelines, please contact us using our contact details below.
- We are LOCK ‘N’ LOAD EVENTS LIMITED (trading as “SOUTH WEST FOUR” or “SW4” a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our company number is 05152712. Our registered address is 30 Leicester Square, London, WC2H 7LA.
- We are a member of the GlobalMediaandEntertainmentLimited group of companies. This group also includes companies which run other festivals and live music events, including:
- Boardmasters Limited (trading as Boardmasters)
- Electric Elephant Limited (trading as ElectricElephant)
- FN6 Limited (trading as FestivalNo. 6 or Festival Number 6)
- Global Radio Services Limited (trading as Capital FM)
- Industrial Curation Limited (trading as PrintworksLondon)
- Lakeside Creatives Limited (trading as KendalCalling)
- Lost Ventures Limited (trading as LostVillage)
- Rewind Festival Limited (trading as Rewind)
- The Hideout Festival LLP (trading as Hideout)
- Truck Festivals UK Limited (trading as Truck)
- SBH Events Limited (trading as Snowbombing)
- Standon Calling Limited (trading as StandonCalling).
- Victorious Festivals Limited (trading as Victorious)
- Waxarch Limited (trading as FieldDay)
- Y Not Festivals UK Limited (trading as YNot)
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- If you register for one of our newsletters or request any advance information about our Events or services (such as access to pre-registration or early bird tickets), we will collect your name and contact details.
- If you make a purchase with us (whether for an Event ticket, Event package or any other goods and/or services) we’ll collect any information necessary to provide you with your purchase. For example:
- we’ll typically ask fr yur name, age, email address, accunt passwrd, date f birth, and payment details s we can prcess yur Event ticket purchase, deliver yur ticket and/r yur cashless payment wristband t yu. We may also request Your Adult’s details (if applicable) r other emergency cntact infrmation;
- we’ll cllect infrmation abut any particular requirements yu may have in rder to gain access t an Event: this may mean prviding us with information about your physical health or similarly sensitive information;
- if there are circumstances where we need t verify yur age fr entry t an Event r fr fraud preventin and detectin, we will ask fr prof f identity and age (such as a driver’s licence r passprt); and
- we may (if applicable), cllect additinal infrmation specifically relevant t the gods and/r services that yu are purchasing. Fr example: if yu buy a Park & Ride ticket we might ask fr yur vehicle registratin number t manage vehicles at ur Events, r if yu chose a glamping experience we might need yur credit card details fr yur damage depsit.
- Every now and again, we might invite you to participate in competitions, promotions or surveys. We’ll collect information so you can participate in these and deliver the prize if you win: this will include details such as your name, age and email address and any other information you provide in connection with your promotion entry and/or survey response.
- If you ever need to visit one of the health and welfare tents or facilities at one of our Events, you might need to give certain health or medical information which may be considered sensitive information. Sometimes, these services will be managed by a third party at the Event and not us, in which case we won’t have control or visibility of the information you give and this Privacy and Cookies Statement won’t apply.
- If you contact us through the live chat functionality on our Platform (if applicable), through one of our online forms, or our social media channels, by phone or email, we may keep a copy or record of that correspondence.
- We will collect certain technical information about your device visits to our Platform and how you use the Platform. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device details such as your IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface), browser type, referral source, length of visit, operating system, number of page views and similar information. This information may be collected by a third-party analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more details about cookies please see the specific section below.
- If cashless payment wristbands (or other similar technologies) are used at an Event, they will allow you to make cashless payments (such as food and drink) and/or provide you with access (such as entry to the festival or VIP areas). If you use a cashless payment wristband, we may collect certain information about your interactions at, and engagement with, the Event and our event partners. For example, we may know which stands, tents or sponsors you visited and what purchases you made at the Event. We do this to provide you with a more interactive and enhanced festival experience, such as informing you about nearby happy hours or secret parties, by sending you an sms or push notification from our Event mobile app (if applicable).
- We might collect information about how you react to the emails we send to you, for example, how many times you open the email or if you engage with its content (for instance, by clicking on any links within it).
Social Media and Informationyoupostonline and reviews
- We might collect information relating to any social media posts or comments you share online about our Events that are in the public domain (for instance, if you leave a review about our Event on a third-party social media site like Facebook). If you leave a comment or review on one of our social media official pages (such as through our Facebook, twitter or Instagram accounts), we may use this information to respond to your posts. We are not in control of these third-party platforms and you should refer their privacy notices if you want to know more about how they use the information you share online.
- We will collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with so we are able to deliver the goods or services you have requested. For example, we might work with a ticket agent who will sell you a ticket to our Event. In those circumstances, they might give us your details so we can provide you with access to the Events you bought tickets for, or other ancillary services. We might also use third-party companies to manage our payment systems or Platform, they may collect information directly from you on our behalf.
- We might receive information about you (such as your name and email address) from other festival and event entities within our Global Media and Entertainment group if you have indicated that you wish to hear more from our events, goods and services.
Signing in through Social Media
- When you register for an Event on our Platform, we might offer a quick registration option through your existing social media accounts. If you sign in through your social media account, we may get certain information (such as your profile name if register through your Facebook account) in accordance with your privacy settings on that social media site. You should read the privacy statements and check your privacy settings of those social media sites to learn how they treat your information.
- We might receive information about you from other third parties where you have agreed to them sharing your information with us for specific purposes (such as marketing).
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with your Event ticket or any other goods, services and information that you have requested from us;
- to manage your entry to our Events, including age and identification verification;
- to provide you customer service and support, deal with enquiries or update you of changes to our Events, our Platform or other services;
- we might contact you by phone to offer assistance if you have entered your contact details on our Platform to purchase our Events but have not completed your purchase;
- to improve and update our Platform and to make sure that content from our Platform is presented to you in the most effective and optimal manner (please view the specific Cookies section for more information);
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our Events, Platform and other goods and services; and
- to allow us to monitor access to, and attendance at, our Events for health, safety and security purposes.
- We may use your information for marketing purposes, either by email, SMS and/or phone. We will of course give you the opportunity to choose whether we contact you for marketing purposes and we will respect your choices at every stage.
- We may use your information to enable us to enforce our legal rights, and/or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and/or other third parties.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We might share your personal information with:
- selected third parties that we work with, so we are able put on the Events you love and choose to attend. For example, when you register to attend an Event we host, we might need to share your information with third party sub-contractors or service providers that help us to put on our Events (such as venue or security staff);
- other festivals and live music event organisers within the Global Media & Entertainment group (listed above) if you have indicated that you want to receive communications about these;
- any other third party that you have indicated you are happy for us to share your information with for marketing purposes;
- advertisers and advertising networks so they can serve relevant adverts to you. This information will only be used in anonymised or aggregated form. For example, we might provide information that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on a particular advertisement on any given day;
- prospective sellers or buyers of any business or assets if, we need to disclose information about people who attend our Events or use our products or services;
- any other third parties where it’s necessary to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or third parties, or where such disclosure is required by law.
- A temporary cookie is used to keep track of your "session". Without that temporary cookie (which is not stored after you quit your browser) you would have to log on every time you access a new page.
- A persistent cookie is stored on your device. They help us provide you with user preferences, settings and information for future visits on our Platform. Persistent cookies allow convenient and easy access to familiar variables such as facilitating preferences such as favourites, bookmarks or language preferences. They can also be used to assess browsing behaviour.
Different types of cookies do different things, such as:
- Absolutely necessary cookies are necessary to enable you to navigate through our Platform and use its features. Without these cookies, you would not be able to check out any Event tickets in your basket.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use our Platforms. These cookies collect the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your user experience.
- Functionality cookies enables our Platform to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They can even remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on it. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting and advertising cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They can also limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed on our Platform by third party advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations, such as advertisers.
- You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
- Please click below for detailed information on how to disable and delete cookies in some commonly used browsers or visit the ‘Help’ section of your browser:
- We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preference: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the Platform and your experience may be less satisfying without using cookies.
- The names of the cookies used by the Platform and the purposes for which these cookies are used are set out in the table below:
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES AND CONTRIBUTORS
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
- We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use. However, transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, which means we are unable to completely guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
- We’ll keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, to market to you (if applicable), to enforce or defend our legal rights, or in accordance with any legal obligations to which we might be subject.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- We might transfer your information to a country which is outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do, we'll ensure that your information is protected in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws including, if appropriate, putting in place any necessary contractual arrangements with any recipients of your information outside the EEA.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES OVER THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, which we value. These rights include:
- the right to askusnottouseyourpersonaldata for marketing purposes (remember, you can unsubscribe from any marketing by clicking on the “unsubscribe” in any marketing communication you receive or contact us using the details below);
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you; and
- if you believe the information that we hold about you is wrong, you can ask us to correct it.
You may exercise your rights above by contacting us using the details below.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us about this Privacy and Cookies Statement, please do so at the following:
Address: 30 Leicester Square, London WC2H 7LA (Attn: General Counsel)
CHANGESTO THIS PRIVACYAND COOKIESSTATEMENT
We may make changes to this Privacy and Cookies Statement from time to time. We will post any changes to our Platform, or notify you of any material changes by e-mail. Any changes will come into effect the next time you engage with us after the changes have been notified.
Last Modified: 23rd May 2018